Pages

Sunday, March 24, 2019

The initial check list

I offered to take The Van to the car repair shop while my SBF is out of town, and this is the list he sent me with. I don’t think the guy checking me in at the computer was expecting such a long list because he kept asking me to back up. And my list took up 4 little pink sticky notes on his desk. We forgot to mention that the A/C isn’t blowing in the back and needs to be checked, but otherwise I think all the important safety items are covered. This will cost $212 just to evaluate. That will be the first money he puts in, not counting the first 30 gallon fill up after we left the car lot because she was pretty much on E at purchase time.

Change:
-Engine oil and filter
-Transmission oil and filter (if applicable)
-Coolant
-Brake fluid
-Rear axle oil
-Drive belts (serpentine)
-Air filter
-Spark plugs, wires, cap and rotor (if applicable)
-Check brake pads and rotors
Rear axle drive shaft input seal may need to be replaced
-Eval front end bushings/pivots When braking the steering wheel has a slight shimmy as well as at about 50 mph (front end bushings?)
-Rear driver side door cable is detached somewhere. Replace fix as necessary
-Wind shield wipers