Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2019

I drove her too

Until yesterday I hadn't actually driven her. I got to follow home from the "dealership" in the actual new truck (for the FIRST TIME!) while my SBF drove his new-to-him new van home.

But, there she was, sitting in front of my house, and I was really curious about what it would be like to drive such a beast. I tried the key in the door to unlock her and it was tricky and I thought DANG! I can't even get IN and was about to give up when finally the lock gave a little. Um, this seems like something for the list. Item: Make the door so that we can GET IN THE VAN.

Luckily I remembered that the door key is not the same as the ignition key (even tho they look exactly the same) and was able to get the van started relatively easy. Relative to unlocking the car door, that is.

So finally I drove her slowly through the neighborhood, passing small children riding bikes and throwing footballs and stopping to stare ... I was that lady driving the friendly white van. (I smiled and waved at all of them.) So far no posts on NextDoor about the white van creeping up and down our streets. My neighbors are seriously slacking.