Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2019

metric nuts

When my SBF and I show up anywhere now, the first thing my friends ask about is the CWV. It still seems to catch him a little off guard. But then he's got all the answers and it's fun to talk about the hopes, plans and dreams for this thing. It's a little bit famous in my small circles. And it definitely encourages progress so we can gush over the new changes. Unfortunately the progresses right now are not very impressive. Small things that require trips to the hardware store and supplies in the mail. 

I went over to "help" this afternoon, but SBF was trying to figure out where to put the second row of seats and realizing that all the benches holes don't quite line up how we need them to. Also, the seatbelts don't work with these seats' buckles. He's hopeful Sister Van will still be there, but I'm like where could she possibly go? Road trip in our near future: we need to take two of her seatbelts.

Then he asked if I wanted to go to Home Depot (I've already been this month, so maybe he should ask me again in 2 weeks.) so he could find a nut for this giant bolt, which amusingly enough is metric. He kind of laughed about that and then he had to explain. Because it's a Ford. I still didn't really get it, but I'm sure someone at Home Depot will.

Once a few more of these crucial logistical things get figured out I think the progress will be more fun  ...

SBF was testing where to put the seats and this is a picture of the inside with the regular camera.
And this is with the fish eye.