Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

bloody finger

This is CWV related because my SBF took one day off from hands-on van work after he sliced his fingernail in half on the diagonal. (And part of the finger.) He was building a bicycle and got his finger a little too close to the rotor. (In case you didn't know, a rotor is another name for the brake disc. I didn't know what it meant, but I acted like I did when he told me. I mean, I had an idea, but I still looked it up to be sure. It is sharp. Sharp enough to slice your finger if you're not careful!) Anyhow, I don't know if he's impervious to pain or if it was shock but he didn't even flinch when I poured 70% isopropyl alcohol on it and then hydrogen peroxide. (We used all the good germ killers.) 

He did go home and order some insulation for the CWV ceiling online. I knew he couldn't completely stay away ...

The sliced nail.
Another angle.
A rotor, in case you need a visual.