Pages

Friday, June 14, 2019

GAP trail

SBF took two solid weeks off from van work to go on a crazy little adventure I worked up on the East Coast. This involved planes, trains, borrowed cars, and lots of Ubers, but I know we would have benefitted to have the CWV to park and sleep in on a few of our nights. The AirBnBs we picked were nice ... ish ... but I don't know if I ever slept in one bed that I would actually call COMFORTABLE in the whole two weeks we were gone. A foam mat in the back of the van would easily beat every one of them. Anyhoo ... one of the coolest things we did was ride our bikes down the Great Allegheny Passage from Pittsburgh, PA to Cumberland, Maryland. We rode and camped along the way, carrying a tent, sleeping bags, and some snacks. Just the essentials. Kind of a perfect way to spend three days with nothing to do but ride our bikes through the woods. (After riding our bikes through this really cool city of bridges.)